Magnified Media Relations for NonProfit Organizations and Associations
Action Strategies offers complete services in media relations for nonprofit organisations and associations.
From booking interviews with the press to developing relationships with influential bloggers and journalists, our services in media relations go far beyond simply drafting press releases (although we do craft press releases that get media attention, grow your brand awareness, and spread the word of your organization through the press).
In the new world of communications strategy where social media marketing and a solid internet presence is required for a brand to grow, it is not enough for an association or nonprofit charity to simply send a press release.
We take an integrated approach to media relations strategy. In newspapers, on television, and on radio, clients who have worked with Action Strategies have seen their stories told nationwide, regionally and locally. Combining the best of traditional media relations of crafting messages to the press with well written press releases and pitching stories to journalists; Action Strategies adapts those strategies to the needs of social media and the internet.
Coordinating your stories with influential journalists and bloggers, Action Strategies' approach to media relations ensures your message and story spreads for a viral marketing effect online. Our use of social media press releases and newsrooms along with our knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) ensures that the value of your story is told long after first broadcasted and reaches audiences otherwise impossible.
Action Strategies' media relations services include:
- Press releases and crafting messages to reach influential journalists
- Pitching stories to the media and reporters who have influence over your audience
- Drafting and distributing social media news releases
- Creating and managing your online newsroom and making it acceptable for social media consumption so bloggers and the media create a viral marketing for your communications strategy
- Crisis communications: counseling and advising your association, nonprofit organisation, or charity through a difficult situation ensuring you win over positive media relations coverage and restore your reputation
- Coordinating editorial board tours and press conference calls
- Press conferences that display the written word value of your message and also the visual impacts needed for media coverage on broadcast television and radio
- Media list development and nurturing to ensure your organization develops networks of influence
- Media monitoring with real measurement and return on investment (ROI) analysis based on the Canadian Public Relations Society's (CPRS) standard of Media Relations Rating Points (MRRP)
- Media Relations training to ensure you and your organisation's board of directors or staff are ready to handle to difficult questions of the media in whatever situation you face